Manage episode 185383339 series 1440089
Simply put, Changa is a powerful psychedelic smoking blend. It is a combination of herbs infused with dimethyltryptamine (DMT) and containing some form of monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOi). However, describing the "simply put" physical parameters of a psychedelic compound is as gross an understatement as saying sex is, simply put, a penis penetrating a vagina.... there is SO MUCH MORE to it than "simply put", which is why we have Giorgia Gaia on the show.
Giorgia Gaia---author of "Changa's Alchemy - Narratives of Transformation in Psychedelic Experiences"---is an independent researcher with a masters degree in Cultural and Social Anthropology and another MA degree in Theology, specifically Western Esotericism, at the University Van Amsterdam. Since her early twenties, she has been working as an electronic musician and event organizer, also in international festivals.
*** If you are enjoying the show, I ask you to please contribute to the show by way of a one-time donation or by becoming a continuous supporter on Patreon.
- The scope of Giorgia's research
- What is Changa? (pharmacology, history, cultural impact)
- Changa within the underground electronic music culture.
- What denotes "transformation" within the context psychedelic use.
- The importance of narrativizing profound psychedelic experiences.
- Prevailing themes or commonalities in the metaphysics and cosmology of changa users.
- The implication and complications of studying changa culture as an anthropologist whilst directly participating in that culture.
- Safety, caution, harm reduction advice.
See Bit.ly/ATTMind53 for full show notes and other bonus content!
AND featured image courtesy and copyright of Mugwort Designs
84 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 80 mins duration .