Manage episode 179193478 series 1440089
This week's episode features an interview with Mark Wolynn.
Mark is a leading expert on inherited family trauma. He is also the director of the Family Constellation Institute in San Francisco where he trains clinicians and treats people struggling with depression, anxiety, panic disorder, obsessive thoughts, self-injury, chronic pain, and persistent symptoms and conditions.
He is also the author of It Didn't Start With You: how inherited family trauma shapes who we are and how to end the cycle.Topics covered include:
- Emotional Trauma
- Intergenerational / inherited family trauma
- Family Constellations
- The Core Language Approach
- Cultural trauma: e.g. Syrian War and Refugee Crisis, American Slavery and Canadian Residential Schools
- Neurological development
- Memory consolidation
- Implicit vs explicit memory
- The root of Chronic Psychopathology
- The Four Unconscious Themes and the importance of a healthy connection with our parents
Full Show Notes: http://bit.ly/ATTMindRadioEp42
Support The Podcast
88 episodes available. A new episode about every 13 days averaging 78 mins duration .