Manage episode 192238298 series 1440089
Many people struggle with addiction their whole lives. Their story one of (hu)man vs. addiction, their story often ending with addiction the victor.
But what if that is not the way the story needs to be written? What if there is a way out that helps us suffering to reach into the root of our pain and find our love for life again?
The guests for this episode of the podcast, Elizabeth Bast and Chor Boogie, believe true freedom from addiction is possible with an ancient African root bark called Iboga.
They believe this not only because of the growing scientific research and the countless anecdotes about iboga's potential available on the internet but because it is also their lived experience.
Elizebeth and Chor join us on the show to talk about heroin addiction, how it impacted their intimate relationship, the redemption they found in Iboga, and what iboga taught them about what it takes to heal the pain at the root of addiction in oneself and the hearts of those we love.
See Full Show Notes and all related links: http://bit.ly/ATTMind60
Connect with me for a Skype call: http://www.jameswjesso.com/contact/je...
Buy HEART MEDICINE: a true love story by Elizabeth Bast: http://www.ebast.net/heart-medicine.html
Support The Show.
If you are enjoying this content and want to reciprocate the value you are receiving from it, I kindly invite you to become my patron on Patreon, or drop me a PayPal donation. Thank you
❤ Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/jameswjesso
❤ PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/JWJesso
- The problematic language around addiction.
- A portrait of an addiction-impacted romantic relationship.
- A journey into heroin addiction.
- Heroin's impact on the trust, honesty, and intimacy in their relationship.
- How Iboga found its way in.
- What iboga taught them about what it means to be in a sacred partnership.
- Iboga's potential role in the ongoing opioid crisis.
- A poignant and pointed discussion on what it takes to heal addiction.
- The traditional origins of the Bwiti and the mythic origins of Iboga.
- The challenges iboga and iboga culture will face with its growth in a global marketplace and colonialism in general.
- The cultural impact of connecting with iboga for the African diaspora in North America.
88 episodes available. A new episode about every 13 days averaging 78 mins duration .