Manage episode 187055006 series 1440089
Julian Vayne is an occultist and the author of numerous books, essays, journals, and articles in both the academic and esoteric press. While his name is closely associated with chaos magic Julian is also an initiated Wiccan, member of the Kaula Nath lineage and Master Mason.
We talk magical traditions, self-transformation with psychedelic, religious history, and the nuances around cultural appropriation in the neo-shamanic and nonaboriginal cultures of the modern world. We also talk about different activities or games we can play while tripping to endow a greater sense of meaning in not only our psychedelic adventures but in our daily lives as well.
Full Show Notes at bit.ly/ATTMind55Become My Patron On Patreon SUPPORT ONE-TIME (PayPal) Episode Breakdown
- Disambiguating "magic", "self-transformation", and "spirituality".
- The legitimacy of the recreational use of psychedelics.
- The root of, and dissociation from, ectasis in religious history.
- The herding of the mind.
- Neoshamanism and cultural appropriation.
- The principle of ceremony and how to make your own.
- Welding (chaos) magick to craft meaning in psychedelic experiences.
- The importance of PLAY!!! (and games to play while tripping).
- Differences/similarities between magick & Jungian depth psychology.
84 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 80 mins duration .