Manage episode 203200075 series 1440089
Magico-anthropologist and author Carl Abrahamsson is on the show to both expand and deconstruct occult magic and make it accessible to the modern world.
Of course, occult magic is a massive topic with many winding, cryptic avenues and dark alleys to traverse. The topic has much more potential than what can be explored in a seventy-five-minute conversation. So, in relevance to the themes of ATTMind we venture into the world of occult magic with a compass pointing towards a Jungian psychological approach and the potentials of magic for personal transformation and individualization. (That said, we don't shy away from the romance of all that hocus-pocus stuff, too.)
You might be surprised to discover occult magic is much more accessible than you have been led to believe.
Head to bit.ly/ATTMind70 for full links, show notes or to watch this episode in video.
Support The Podcast
BUY SOME LIMITED EDITION BLOTTER ART!
- The history (and future) of Occult Magic
- The magical art of Carl Jung
- Using magic to alter our sense of self and to process of individualization
- The importance of direct experience over ideology and social norms
- How magic in occult rituals can alter the subconscious mind, the sense of self and perception of reality
- The difference between ritual and ceremony
- Our capacity for willful and competent direction of energy
- The role and value of sex and sexual energy in magical ritual and personal transformation.
- The ancient art and importance of imagination and dreaming
- Cautions and considerations for using drugs in magical ritual
- Higher Learning: The value of building social institutions that enable safe and supportive psychedelic experimentation for young people.
- The kinship between art and magic
- Mythic impoverishment - the dangers of modern mass media entertainment culture on our imagination and potential for magic - PokemonGO!
- Practical tips on embracing magic today
84 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 80 mins duration .