Manage episode 209927175 series 1440089
If we want to build a better world, one that is free of the power complexes that subjugate others, it behoves us to address the root of those power complexes. In particular regards to the patriarchy, if we fail to see both the function and the origins of the patriarchy system in the psyche of man, we worsen it at best and, at worst, become power-obsessed oppressors ourselves.
The deep wounding of men by way of a toxic society is at the root of this interview with James Hollis PhD., whose ideas gave me stability in myself as I came to grapple with the pain, shame, and "quiet desperation" I have been carrying in my own life as a man.
FULL EPISODE BREAKDOWN BELOW
For my blog entry on this episode, relevant links, or to watch this interview on video, head to http://bit.ly/ATTMin75
Support The ShowBuy Some Blotter Art! (yes, it's legal. No Drugs) https://www.jameswjesso.com/blotter Become a Patron on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/jameswjesso One Time Donation... https://www.jameswjesso.com/category/books/ *** Special thanks to patrons Thomas & Melanie H., Clean S., Greg A., Dean H., Joe A., Jesus R., Andy D., Angela & James J., Ian C., Reese. H., Harry P., Don J., Robbie G., & Yvette C.
- The impact of society’s social conditioning of man - isolation, anger, anxiety, etc.
- Oppressive behaviour does not remove oppression
- How Dr Hollis came to write ‘Under Saturn’s Shadow’
- The secrets men are expected to carry that lock them away from vulnerability, and profound impact of fear on a man’s life
- How deep insecurity and fear dictate the creation of domination behaviour and the power complex
- A foundation in Jungian psychoanalysis, the Archetypes, and how emotional repression impact the sense of self, perception of reality, and behaviour
- A description of the patriarchy and its damaging role and impact on men
- The Mother, the mother complex, and the role of the father
- What does it mean to become a man, and who is teaching it to us?
- Rites of passage and initiation - how boys become men, and why many adult males are still boys
- A lacking sense of meaning in the lived life prescribed by the modern culture
- Making Meaning and finding out who you really are
- Empowerment vs power complex
- What are your ultimate tasks in life?
- How the social role conditioning of men prevents connection to the soul
- So…. what about Jordan Peterson?
- The potentials of psychedelic therapy in the context of Jungian psychoanalysis
- An actionable, pragmatic piece of advice for relating to men (no matter who you are)
84 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 80 mins duration .