John Whaley, Founder and CEO of UnifyID, discusses the future of biometric authentication and how to prepare for a world beyond passwords
Manage episode 303137383 series 2986762
John Whaley has been programming since age five. He has been a lecturer at Stanford in Computer Science, a founding CTO, and a founding CEO. John raised a large series A in 2017 and has sold two companies. Oh, and he's out to save the world from passwords. UnifyID is a pioneer in the use of biometric data stored on mobile devices to authenticate users.
Listen and learn...
- How John's personal journey led to the founding and successful acquisition of UnifyID by Prove.
- About the ethical implications of giving Big Tech access to your biometric data.
- Why "being yourself should provide enough information to uniquely identify you."
- What John means when he says "data isn't the new oil... it's the new kryptonite."
- John's bold prediction for when passwords will no longer be the predominant form of authentication (spoiler alert: it's sooner than you think).
Thanks to Vinay Prabhu for the introduction to John.