Intoxicating Lies: Meg Geisewite’s Journey to Freedom from Gray Area Drinking
Manage episode 354102698 series 2951309
Meg Geisewite is on the show to share her story. Meg is an ordinary mom who found herself trapped in the mommy wine culture. She began her sober curious journey in November of 2019 where her love of science led her to discover the real truth about alcohol and its seductive lies.
As a truth-teller, Meg is changing the narrative on the mommy wine culture, the hustle culture, and our pro-drinking culture. In Meg’s debut book, Intoxicating Lies: One Woman's Journey to Freedom from Gray Area Drinking, Meg flips the script on the five most intoxicating lies we tell ourselves about alcohol and that we are enough.
Trigger warning: there is mention of sexual assault in this episode
We chat about:
- Meg’s alcohol-free journey
- How her therapists and friends convinced her she didn’t have a problem
- The connection between alcohol and sexual assaults
- Finding freedom from drinking
- Meg’s top tips for quitting
- And more!
Facebook: Intoxicating Lies: One Woman's Journey to Freedom from Gray Area Drinking | Facebook
Free Downloadable PDF: 5 Common Lies | Meggeisewite (intoxicatinglies.com)
Free resources from Alcohol Tipping Point:
- 100 Questions to Change Your Drinking: https://www.alcoholtippingpoint.com/100questions
- Dry Guide: https://www.alcoholtippingpoint.com/dryguide
- 10 Day Break: https://www.alcoholtippingpoint.com/10dayholiday
- Mocktail Recipe Book: https://www.alcoholtippingpoint.com/mocktailrecipes
- Alcohol Tipping Point Blog: https://www.alcoholtippingpoint.com/blog
Find Alcohol Tipping Point at:
- Website: http://www.alcoholtippingpoint.com/
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/alcoholtippingpoint
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AlcoholTippingPoint
**Please leave a review and subscribe so you can help support the show**
***Another way to support the show- buy me a coffee! Click here to easily and safely buy me a coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/tippingpoint
And, if you're ever in Boise, Idaho let's meet for a real-life coffee. Thank you so much!!!