Manage episode 252349327 series 82237
We’ve gotten so far from what is central to us being human, making it essential for us to find our center again. Much of this has to do with letting go of our ego, discovering the practices that bring us silence within, and aligning our actions with our true selves.
In this episode of the Align podcast, Micheal Trainer and I chat on a wide array of topics that ultimately boil down to how living authentically leads us to experiencing the greatest contentment, purpose and success in our lives. This conversation is a must-listen for anyone who is serious about leveling up in their lives.
Micheal helps you recognize the different ways in which you are living now and how they are pulling you out of alignment of who you are at your core. Plus, he gives you clear guidance on how to make the necessary shifts for aligning with your authentic self, as well as his formula on how to experience true success and contentment in your life.
Michael is a social entrepreneur focused on building movements for social impact. As a Fulbright Scholar he studied community-building strategies in Sri Lanka, where he lived and researched for two years. As a member of the Board of Directors of Sarvodaya USA Michael worked intimately with Sri Lanka's largest social movement and NGO, Sarvodaya, serving 11 million people across 15,000 villages. Since that time he has traveled and worked to build global movements.
What else we discuss:
- Ancient tools we need to return to utilizing
- The difference between having vs. being
- The problems that lie within the ego
- Why your actions must align with who you are
- Asking others for their aligned actions
- Why it’s important to connecti with the right people
- The power of volunteering
- Why commitment is essential
- What’s holding you back from experience true happiness and success
- How to return to your center
- Rights of passage
Hear more from Micheal by checking out his podcast: Peak Mind