Manage episode 291759212 series 2829519
5 Benefits of working out first thing in the morning:
- It starts your day off with a quick win. It feels good to accomplish something energizing that continues into the rest of your day.
- If you have a stressful day, you don’t feel pressured to try getting a workout after a tiring workday
- You jumpstart your metabolism as your body burns more calories throughout the day.
- When working out on an empty stomach, there’s no issue of getting a side stitch or having digestion issues.
- Your body is forced to burn on board fat reserves for fuel since there isn’t as much glucose available for fuel. This is a nice bonus for those interested in weight loss.
- Upon waking, drink a 12 oz glass of water to rehydrate. Some may also want a cup of coffee or tea while their body wakes up.
- Begin your workout 20-30 minutes after drinking the water & coffee/tea which gives it time to empty your stomach.
- Upon finishing the workout, wait about 30 minutes before eating breakfast. This allows the body to continue burning more calories as you cool down. You could call this an “afterburn”
**Note: If performance is your priority over weight loss, it’s wise to take in some easily digested carb to fuel your muscles for performance. Think of a banana and toast with peanut butter & honey. Give your body 60-90 minutes to digest this so it’s available for fuel.
MOMENTUM Free 21-Day Move Your Body Challenge
Have you signed up for our free challenge? It’s called Momentum: a 21-day move your body challenge. WooHoo!
In this challenge, we help you gain momentum in your fitness by encouraging you to move just 15 minutes a day. You’ll get free workouts, accountability in our app or online member area, and audios.
Sign up now and invite a friend to join you here: https://aliveandactivewellness.com/momentum/