Episode 217: Bill Hartman - What is optimal movement, the future of continuing education, and how to learn
Manage episode 241634571 series 2361759
Bill is an individual who is extremely important to me. He is a mentor, a friend, and someone who I have immense amount of respect, admiration and love for. My time with Bill, his wife Lisa, their dog Paxton and the entire IFAST and Intensive 2.0 family at Intensive 2.0 in September 2018 was one of the best experiences of my life so far, and for that I am forever grateful to Bill. You can here about my entire experience at the Intensive 2.0 in episode 186 here.To Find out more about Bill, be sure to head over to his website which you can find here.You can find out
On this episode Bill and I discuss:
- I ask Bill what is optimal movement?
- I ask Bill about the trade off of decreasing movement variability to increase sport specificity, and potentially performance?
- I ask Bill his mentorship course "The Intensive".
- I ask Bill about his "model" for assessing and optimizing human movement and behavior
- Bill discusses the concepts of loading and propulsion
- I ask Bill about how to learn
- I ask Bill about left precession
- I ask Bill about the importance of having some knowledge of embryology
- I ask Bill about infrasternal angles
- I ask Bill how he developed his model?
- I ask Bill about his book "All Gain, No Pain"
- I ask Bill why he loves Batman?
- I ask Bill whats next?
- I ask Bill what is he currently studying?
- I ask Bill why he decide to get braces for his teeth?
- I ask Bill, if he could invite 5 people to dinner, dead or alive, who would he invite and why?
This was an outstanding episode and I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did!
Website - billhartmanpt.com
Facebook - Bill Hartman
Twitter - @BillHartmanpt
Instagram - billhartmanpt
People and Resources Mentioned:
Ultimate Performance Online MentorshipTo get INSTANT ACCESS to almost 20 hours of World Class online video Strength and Conditioning Information go to upmentorship.com
Ultimate Athlete Concepts
Ultimate Athlete Concepts is a multi faceted company, providing the most sophisticated scientific material in sport science. UAC is the worlds leading resource for translated sport preparation educational material.
National Sports Performance Association
Help support the podcast by becoming a Patreon to the show here - Patreon