Manage episode 199774209 series 1958140
Contrary to popular evangelical practice, the call to follow Jesus is an invitation to relinquish power over others. Part 4 in a series on the Bible as a story about power, we contrast this ethic with the theology of power and submission that is rooted in American slavery and is alive and well in the American church today.
Want to help support this work?
- If you'd like to donate, you can do that here. (Even just $1/month helps a TON!)
- Get occasional email updates here!
- Leave a review on iTunes.
- Share an episode with a friend. :)
Music: Cale Haugen
1 Cor. 6:3, Rev. 1:6, 5:10, 20:6
- Paul’s Ethics of Relinquishing Power and the Letter to Philemon by Tim
- Seminary Dropout podcast episode 111: Gary Black Jr. “Heaven is not a cosmic car wash!”
- Preparing for Heaven: What Dallas Willard Taught Me About Living, Dying, and Eternal Life by Gary Black Jr.
65 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 53 mins duration .