In The Filmcast, hardcore geeks David Chen, Devindra Hardawar, and Jeff Cannata debate, pontificate, and delve into the latest films, TV shows, and other entertainment-related items from the past week. Weekly guests include everyday bloggers, webmaster luminaries, film directors, and movie stars from all walks of life. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org and find more podcast episodes at http://www.thefilmcast.com
Manage episode 285921054 series 1534678
By Terry Plucknett, Todd Plucknett, Zach Saltz, Terry Plucknett, Todd Plucknett, and Zach Saltz. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Recorded - 2/21/21
On this episode of the Almost Sideways Movie Podcast, our three hosts (Terry Plucknett, Zach Saltz, Todd Plucknett) review a front runner for Best Picture before we deep dive a Best Picture winner from 30 years ago. Here are the highlights:
- Comparing This Year's Oscars in History (3:20)
- What We've Been Watching
- Zach Review: The King of Staten Island (11:10)
- Terry's Oscar Review: The Man Who Wasn't There (17:30)
- Todd's Cager Review: G-Force (20:50)
- Featured Review: Nomadland (24:20)
- 30th Anniversary Deep Dive: The Silence of the Lambs
- Trivia (41:50)
- The 1991 Oscars (1:02:00)
- Mt. Rushmore: Anthony Hopkins & Jodie Foster (1:15:50)
- Recasting (1:27:40)
- Highest WAR, Worst Performance, Best Minor Character (1:42:50)
- Biggest Stickman, Douchebag, Best Scene (1:53:50)
- Gripes and Conspiracies (2:05:40)
- MVP, LVP, Quote of the Day (2:10:50)
If you can't subscribe, listen here.
Find AlmostSideways everywhere!
AlmostSideways Twitter: @almostsideways