Manage episode 244289519 series 1587482
On this episode, we interview Chef Ben Hardy and Larry Dickerson on Indiana's Culinary Crossroads Initiative.
Team Indiana is a talented and diverse group of Hoosier chefs and home cooks headed to Dallas, TX to compete in the World Food Championships October 16-20. They are representing the State of Indiana as part of the Culinary Crossroads initiative, with backing from the Indiana Office of Tourism Development, Indiana Grown, and other underwriters.
Team Indiana is comprised of nine chefs from around the state, competing in seven different events at the 2019 World Food Championships. Among the team are several from Indianapolis, including:
- Ben Hardy (Indianapolis), co-owner and pastry chef of Gallery Pastry Shop
- Erin Gillum (Indianapolis), executive chef of Spoke & Steele
- Justin Miller (Carmel), executive chef of Anthony’s Chophouse
- Craig Baker (Indianapolis), restaurant consultant
- Cindy Hawkins (Indianapolis), owner of Circle City Sweets
- Roger Hawkins (Indianapolis), owner of Circle City Soups
We discuss the cultural impact of culinary talent on the state's economy, Ben's history and his Pastry shop, as well as the upcoming World Food Championships.
Special Guests: Ben Hardy and Larry Dickerson.
- Lifeline Data Centers: When thinking about data protection and recovery, there is the age-old question of whether you should keep it in-house or use an outsourced data. Promo Code: Off the Circle
- World Food Championships — With more than $350,000 up for grabs, there's little wonder why over 1,50o cooks are traveling into Dallas in October to compete at the 8th Annual World Food Championships (WFC).
- Team Indiana - A Culinary Crossroads Initiative — Culinary Crossroads is a campaign that aims to raise awareness of the people, products, services and attractions that make up the state’s culinary culture.
- Gallery Pastry Shop — Alison Keefer and Executive Pastry Chef Ben Hardy decided to follow their passion and open their own unique shop in Indy focused on European pastry and plated desserts. They are both excited to share their love of food and join the already talented Indy food scene!