Manage episode 223635002 series 1318661
Amanda Drobnis has a technology that facilitates the use of tissue from animal placentas to regenerate tissue in other animals. The procedure, known as a placental allograft, is gaining acceptance in human medicine. Amanda plans to translate that trend to the veterinary space.
I met Amanda at a mentoring session at The Capital Network (TCN), a really valuable institution that helps founders and investors.
Some of the highlights of the interview include:
- Intro and a Shout Out to The Capital Network
- How Amanda Discovered What She Wanted to Do in Life
- Regenerative Technology in Use in Human Medicine Being Applied to the Animal Space
- “…this therapy in particular is really interesting because it has all of the proteins and all of the properties to regenerate tissue, and we can now have the technology to use it at a room temperature.”
- “…almost no chance of [tissue] rejection”
- Creating a New Source of Recurring Revenue for Vets
- “…you already have a population of veterinarians and influencers that understand the value of the product…”
- Some Research Will Be Needed
- Amanda’s Father Is an Entrepreneurial Physician Who Has Invented the Technology
- Amanda’s Experience with TCN
- Horseback Riding Teaches Important Lessons
- Amanda Thinks Her Business Could Grow to Annual Sales of $20 million
- It Even Re-Grows Hair at the Wound Site!
75 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 43 mins duration .