Manage episode 198879165 series 1105025
Originally from Ottawa, Elly Smallwood graduated from OCAD University in 2011 and now works as an artist in Toronto. Her paintings are intensely personal, a visual exploration of her mind and body, and those of the people around her.
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- Her workflow
- The business of art
- Getting paid as an artist
- “The Killing of a Sacred Deer”
- “Nocturnal Animals”
- The importance of failure
- Her transition leaving Toronto to move to Ottawa
- Having a solid art community
- Understanding human anatomy for your art practice
- Conspiracy theories
107 episodes available. A new episode about every 13 days averaging 63 mins duration .