Manage episode 203799540 series 1105025
Ania Catherine is an artist and choreographer based in Los Angeles. Her work merges movement, film, and performance art and has been shown internationally at the British Film Institute, Art Basel Hong Kong, Peacock Theatre (London), LA Center for Digital Art, Agora Collective (Berlin), Forum des images (Paris), Dansmuseet (Stockholm), International Meeting on Screendance (Valencia, Spain), among others. She holds a master's degree from the London School of Economics, and through bodies explores the intersections of performance and her academic research in gender, sexuality, representation, and politics. In addition to her personal practice, she works internationally performing, choreographing, speaking, directing, and teaching.
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- Growing up in Orange County in California
- Gender and sexuality
- How “slow cinema” has influenced her work
- Films by Roy Anderson and Chantal Akerman
- Creating work that’s personal
- Misrepresentations of sexuality
- How she met her wife
- Surrounding yourself with people who project positive energy
106 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 63 mins duration .