Manage episode 273132000 series 1409924
Is your downloads folder a huge mess? Do you find it hard to find email attachments you downloaded a few weeks ago? Do you easily get frustrated trying to find files and documents?
Then you want to listen carefully to today’s episode! We’re going to share with you 3 tips to help you organize your files, folders and documents so you can easily find anything within a few seconds. Even if you have thousands of files and notes laying around, by the end of this episode you’ll know how to organize everything quickly and efficiently.
Thanks to Indeed for supporting The Productivity Show. Indeed is offering our listeners a $75 credit at Indeed.com/tps.
Thanks to Azlo for supporting The Productivity Show. Azlo is offering our listeners Sign up today with no minimum deposit at Azlo.com/tps and get a free copy of Azlo’s small business starter guide.
Thanks to Blinkist for supporting The Productivity Show. Blinkist is offering our listeners a free 7-day trial and 25% off your new subscription. Go to Blinkist.com/tps to learn more.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [3:08]
- How this episode can help everybody and why it’s such an important topic [5:15]
- Thanh’s and Brook’s personal digital organization systems [14:30]
- Why you need to take as much care naming the item as you do naming the folder you put it in [17:02]
- Why naming your files appropriately is only advantages with pretty much no disadvantages [28:06]
- Why a simple but very intentional system will usually beat out a “complete” but extremely complicated system [29:57]
- The case for not fiddling with new systems and staying deliberate and intentional [35:17]
- Why using the right tools for the job will save you a lot of time and a lot of headache [37:31]
- Why you need to fall in love with the search functions in your system [44:47]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [50:16]
- File Juggler
- Mac Power Users
- The Virgin Way: If It’s Not Fun, It’s Not Worth Doing
- Sapiens: A Brief History Of Humankind
- The PARA Method: A Universal System for Organizing Digital Information
- How To Build a Second Brain and Be More Organized w/ Tiago Forte (TPS310)
- The Most Effective Way of Organizing Your Files, Folders and Documents
- DTDT – How To Organize Your Files, Folders and Documents (October 6th)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.