Manage episode 233865692 series 1412429
We're back from Red Hat Summit and we've got a first-hand look at what you need to know about RHEL 8. Scott McCarty joins us and shares everything you've wanted to know about the latest release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
-- Side Notes --
-- The Extra Credit Section --
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode, check out this week's page from our podcast dashboard!
Join us in our dedicated chatroom #AskNoahShow on Freenode!
-- Stay In Touch --
Find all the resources for this show on the Ask Noah Dashboard
Need more help than a radio show can offer? Altispeed provides commercial IT services and they’re excited to offer you a great deal for listening to the Ask Noah Show. Call today and ask about the discount for listeners of the Ask Noah Show!
live [at] asknoahshow.com
-- Twitter --
Special Guest: Scott McCarty.
- How To Setup WireGuard (Video Tutorial) — Want a secure way to remotely connect to your home or office network but don't have the time for the overhead? WireGuard is for you! WireGuard is an extremely simple yet fast and modern VPN that utilizes state-of-the-art cryptography. We'll walk you step-by-step setting WireGuard up on a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
- Production-Grade Container Orchestration - Kubernetes — Kubernetes (K8s) is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
- Introducing the Red Hat Universal Base Image — Containers offer a lighter-weight version of the Linux operating system’s userland stripped down to the bare essentials, but it’s still an operating system and the quality of a container matters just as much as the host operating system.
- Skopeo — Skopeo is a command line utility that performs various operations on container images and image repositories.
- OpenShift: Container Application Platform by Red Hat — The Kubernetes platform for big ideas Empower developers to innovate and ship faster with the leading hybrid cloud, enterprise container platform
- Buildah — A tool that facilitates building OCI images
132 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 58 mins duration .