Manage episode 213556691 series 1412429
The year of the Linux desktop has become a cliché. In 2018 has a Forbes writer finally found a distro that has one click installs for every app he used to use on Windows? Microsoft ports PowerShell to a Linux snap, and of course your calls go to the front of the line!
-- The Cliff Notes --
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode check out this week's page from our podcast dashboard!
-- Stay In Touch --
Find all the resources for this show on the Ask Noah Dashboard
Need more help than a radio show can offer? Altispeed provides commercial IT services and they’re excited to offer you a great deal for listening to the Ask Noah Show. Call today and ask about the discount for listeners of the Ask Noah Show!
asknoah [at] jupiterbroadcasting.com
-- Twitter --
- Google Online Security Blog: A secure web is here to stay
- How to Setup SSL For Free
- Buy Pixeluvo from the Humble Store and save 85%
- Ditching Windows: 2 Weeks With Ubuntu Linux On The Dell XPS 13
- Microsoft Releases PowerShell Core for Linux as a Snap Package
- REAPER 5.93 Brings New Linux-Native Builds - Phoronix
- New Bluetooth Hack Affects Millions of Devices from Major Vendors
- The Document Foundation distances itself from unofficial LibreOffice app in the Microsoft Store
- Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People
- KNOX Radio, Local News, Weather & Sports from Grand Forks — Catch Noah live Monday July 30th - 2-5 PM CT Tuesday July 31st - 2-5 PM CT
- Google launches “Shielded VMs” to protect cloud servers from rootkits, data theft | Ars Technica — Major cloud providers have been trying to blunt threats to virtual machines and cloud application containers in a number of ways—with hardened operating system images for virtual machines and with "confidential computing" models that prevent compromises of the underlying machine's operating system from providing access, for instance.
129 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 60 mins duration .