Manage episode 214510171 series 1412429
When Linus says that he skimmed the code and it's so exciting that he's hoping it gets merged quickly, you know this is the next big thing in Linux. We talk to Jim Salter. He gives us a perspective from day 0. We discuss the new Google gaming box, and give you an tease about some upcoming information about Southeast Linuxfest.
-- The Cliff Notes --
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode check out this week's page from o our podcast dashboard!
-- Stay In Touch --
Find all the resources for this show on the Ask Noah Dashboard
Need more help than a radio show can offer? Altispeed provides commercial IT services and they’re excited to offer you a great deal for listening to the Ask Noah Show. Call today and ask about the discount for listeners of the Ask Noah Show!
asknoah [at] jupiterbroadcasting.com
-- Twitter --
- Some testing notes on Wireguard – JRS Systems: the blog — I got super, super interested in Wireguard when Linus Torvalds heaped fulsome praise on its design (if you’re not familiar with Linus’ commentary, then trust me – that’s extremely fulsome in context) in an initial code review this week. Wireguard aims to be more secure and faster than competing VPN solutions; as far as security goes, it’s certainly one hell of a lot more auditable, at 4,000 lines of code compared to several hundred thousand lines of code for OpenVPN/OpenSSL or IPSEC/StrongSwan.
- Google game console LEAK: Google plan HUGE rival to Sony Playstation and Xbox | Gaming | Entertainment | Express.co.uk
- WireGuard: fast, modern, secure VPN tunnel
- Please welcome Lenovo to the LVFS – Technical Blog of Richard Hughes
- Thunderbird 60.0 release information - gHacks Tech News
- SouthEast LinuxFest | Linux in the GNU/South
- Keynote Signoff
- Paul M. Jones
128 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 60 mins duration .