Manage episode 252650757 series 2457275
On today's episode, I'm joined by the Co-Founder of Baboon to the Moon, Michael Kushner. We discuss how the up-and-coming travel gear brand is bucking conventional thought in its quest to become a rocket-ship business.
Today, you'll learn:
- Why Michael founded Baboon to the Moon; the inspiration
- Michael's advertising background, and how it carried over into launching a brand; what stayed behind
- How Baboon captures how its consumers ("athletes," as Michael calls them) true acceptances of adventure and mystery with the brand; the lack of influencer use
- How the brand leans into the "experience economy"
- Why Baboon to the Moon bucks all sorts of conventionality in marketing itself; how to balance that with being brand-safe
- Advice to build a more authentic brand
Be sure to stay subscribed for more content and thought leadership like this, and do please leave a rating and review on iTunes if you like what you hear.
Be sure to follow our LinkedIn page to catch all of our content there: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/authentic-influence-podcast/.
Reach out to Adam Conner on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/adamjconner/ or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions for guests, content, or general interest/feedback.
Find more at https://www.podcast.vivoom.co/.
Music: "Streetview" by Jahzzar is licensed under a Attribution-ShareAlike License (CC BY-SA 4.0)