Manage episode 251961536 series 2457275
On today's episode, I'm joined by Tariq Hassan, the Chief Marketing Officer of Petco, for a conversation about how the "fur baby" brand captures the full-cycle experience of pet ownership through the stories of its customers.
Today, you'll learn:
- Tariq's journey to Petco; what has translated well from his leadership in banking and technology to that of the pet world; what new things Tariq has learned
- How Petco seeks to leverage both the joys and woes of pet parenthood in telling, and sharing, stories
- How Petco builds direct relationships with its pet parents, and the balance between its transactional and relational components
- The importance of "total care and understanding" to Petco, from adoption to end-of-life
- Advice on how to build an authentic brand, focusing on tough love
Be sure to stay subscribed for more content and thought leadership like this, and do please leave a rating and review on iTunes if you like what you hear.
Be sure to follow our LinkedIn page to catch all of our content there: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/authentic-influence-podcast/.
Reach out to Adam Conner on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/adamjconner/ or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions for guests, content, or general interest/feedback.
Find more at https://www.podcast.vivoom.co/.
Music: "Streetview" by Jahzzar is licensed under a Attribution-ShareAlike License (CC BY-SA 4.0)