Manage episode 239474405 series 1397548
Acceptance is one of the basic emotional needs. How do you show acceptance to your child? Why is parental acceptance such a significant influence on the child?
Are you a perfectionist?
Shenaaz Moos shares her own story as well as talks about:
- The complex relationship between a Mother and Daughter
- Love languages and how they help to connect and ground a relationship
- The power of genuine listening and interest
- It’s difficult for true connection to thrive when you don’t feel good enough
- The power of bringing your awareness forward and healing your own past to parent your best
- Unspoken language, even just a look, can convey a lack of acceptance
OTHER EPISODES YOU MAY ENJOY
- How to Communicate Your Needs in a Relationship
- The Benefits of Negative Emotions
- Mindful Communication: How To Find Your Voice, Speak Your Truth and Listen Deeply
- Follow her on Facebook
- Follow her on Instagram
- Visit her Website
- 9 Signs That You Might Be a Perfectionist
- Anna's book, 15 Keys To Effective Communication: building strong parent child relationships
- Download the one pager PDF on the Language of Unacceptance
WORK WITH ME
Listeners of the podcast get 10% on my coaching services.
I would be thrilled to support you in your parenting journey!
- Click here to get started with my Introductory (3 Sessions) Package or REAL Change Package - 6 Private Coaching Sessions-worldwide! :)
- Court-Ordered Parenting Classes (in person NJ, NY,and PA residents only)
*Want to get most out of your listening experience?
Download the Easy Start Guide PDF with clickable links to past podcast episodes (over 160) grouped by category.
East Start Guide>>>http://eepurl.com/ggtWk1
YOUR FEEDBACK IS VALUABLE!
Do you have a comment, question, or a takeaway about this episode or the podcast in general?
- USA listeners call 732-763-2576 right now and leave a voicemail.
- International listeners use the FREE Speak Pipe tool on my website. Add your voice. It matters!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I help overwhelmed, frustrated parents who want to parent differently than their parents, make sense of their early childhood experiences, connect to their authentic self and their children on a deeper level, reduce stress, bring more ease, calm and joy into their lives by yelling less, and practicing non-punitive discipline.
RATE & WRITE REVIEW FOR THE SHOW
Watch this quick video tutorial on YouTube to how rate and write a review for the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
SUBMIT YOUR PARENTING QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED IN THE SHOW:
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
NEED PARENTING SUPPORT?
Thanks for listening!
Anna Seewald, ME.d, MPsy
Parent Educator, Keynote Speaker, Author