Manage episode 246694708 series 1397548
Do you have a hard time saying to “NO” to people? Do you often sacrifice your own needs to accommodate other people? Do you have a difficulty setting firm boundaries?
Are you unhappy in your relationship but unable to leave?
Does your marriage or relationship take up your thoughts and energy? Are you the one that is constantly making sacrifices in your relationship? Then you may be in a codependent relationship.
The term “codependency” was coined a few decades ago in the context of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) to acknowledge and support partners of alcoholics and chemical-dependents who were intertwined in the destructive lives of those they loved.
Darlene Lancer is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and expert author on relationships and codependency. In this episode she talks about:
- What is codependency?
- What are the symptoms of codependency?
- What’s the origin of codependency?
- How does shame play a part in codependency?
- How does codependency and shame affect relationship?
- And of course we are talking about recovery-what are some of the steps required for recovery?
FULL SHOW NOTES
***Want to get most out of your listening experience?
Download the Easy Start Guide PDF with clickable links to past podcast episodes (over 160) grouped by category.
East Start Guide>>>http://eepurl.com/ggtWk1
I help overwhelmed, frustrated parents who want to parent differently than their parents, make sense of their early childhood experiences, connect to their authentic self and their children on a deeper level, reduce stress, bring more ease, calm and joy into their lives by yelling less, and practicing non-punitive discipline.
WORK WITH ME
Listeners of the podcast get 10% on my coaching services.
I would be thrilled to support you in your parenting journey!
- Click here to get started with my Introductory (3 Sessions) Package or REAL Change Package - 6 Private Coaching Sessions-worldwide! :)
- Court-Ordered Parenting Classes (in person NJ, NY,and PA residents only)
YOUR FEEDBACK IS VALUABLE!
Do you have a comment, question, or a takeaway about this episode or the podcast in general?
- USA listeners call 732-763-2576 right now and leave a voicemail.
- International listeners use the FREE Speak Pipe tool on my website. Add your voice. It matters!
- Email: email@example.com
RATE & WRITE REVIEW FOR THE SHOW
Watch this quick video tutorial on YouTube to how rate and write a review for the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
SUBMIT YOUR PARENTING QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED IN THE SHOW:
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
NEED PARENTING SUPPORT?
BECOME A SUPPORTER OF THE SHOW
With your support we can continue the production of the podcast uninterruptedly. You can choose a level of support on Patreon.com by becoming a patron.
One time donations are also deeply appreciated.
Thanks for listening!
Anna Seewald, M.Ed, M.Psy
Parent Educator, Keynote Speaker, Author