Manage episode 234125218 series 2390654
***Don't miss the 1st Annual Giveaway 4 Authors with over $2,500 in prizes including a custom book cover, a full dev. edit, and a professional author website. To enter, go to http://authorlikeaboss.com/giveaway ***
Zoe York is the USA Today best-selling author of more than 50 books (some of them written as Ainsley Booth). She lives in London, Ontario, Canada where she is a full-time writer, a full-time mom, and a very part-time family chef.
Here are just a few of the things we touched on:
- The importance of “professional development” when it comes to your writing career.
- Margie Lawson's Writer's Academy, an excellent course for authors of all genres.
- How your long-term goals for a novel can influence how it is written.
- Goal, Motivation, Conflict, a novel that belongs on every fiction writer's shelf.
- Writing to market versus writing for yourself, and how to find a balance.
- How to allocate time between a ‘passion project’ and a ‘to-market’ project.
- Using the trends of high-grossing authors to positively impact your book sales.
- The importance of social media in keeping your readers engaged.
- Tips and tricks when using Instagram to market and connect.
- How to keep your readers hooked between releases.
- The importance of that initial dead period when first creating social media pages and groups.
- Why you should always follow through with your plans for a novel, even when things get rough.
- And more...
See the shownotes at https://authorlikeaboss.com/episode56
59 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 55 mins duration .