Manage episode 231867789 series 2161785
Elise Kova is one of my author-crush writers. She's incredibly thoughtful about her worlds, characters, and marketing. Getting to chat with her was the gift of a lifetime.
Here are just a few of the things we touched on:
- Her non-traditional start in publishing
- Why it can be important to diversify as a small business owner
- How much of the Air Awakens series she cut and why that’s important to her world building
- How to make your characters and worlds richer and more interesting
- Playing with worlds and perceptions so your readers are constantly challenged
- The value of finding influencers who can be advocates for your books
- Her step-by-step to approaching influencers in a way that doesn’t feel sleazy
- Why you should NOT compare yourself to other authors
- The mindset she used to commit to her writing career and approach it like a business
- And more...
You can get shownotes at https://authorlikeaboss.com/episode53
58 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 55 mins duration .