Manage episode 250339082 series 2352785
According to recent research, sales is the largest business sector to experience high levels of work-related stress. This can come from working long hours, pressure to perform at critical moments, dealing with setbacks (or no’s), or from taking risks
We invited Ollie Sharpe on this episode to discuss stress management in the sales team environment. He gave us his best practices from his years of senior sales management at LinkedIn, SalesLoft, and CD Recruitment.
Ollie is currently the VP of Revenue for EMEA at SalesLoft. He recently took on this new role after 10 years at LinkedIn.
What we talked about:
- When it comes to stress, prevention is the best medicine
- Be human
- Be approachable
- Lead by example
- Understand your sales team, but don’t be a counselor
- An example of hitting this ‘understanding’ balance
- A quick note on diversity and stress
- Setting expectations early on avoids stress
- Create happiness on your sales team to drive peak performance
- Are you doing the things that make you happy?
- Are you spending time with people you like to spend time with?
- Are you switching your brain off regularly?
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- The happiness advantage by Sean Acre
- The Game Plan by Dr. Steve bull
- The Sales Acceleration Formula by Mark Roberge
- The Making of a Corporate Athlete, a Harvard Business Review article by Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz