Manage episode 229660615 series 2391873
In today's episode of Backpacker Radio, we're joined by Peter Downing, a modern day renaissance man. We chat about his history as an ultra runner (including his four wins at the Buena Vista 50), his time in the Peace Corps, his career as a lawyer, and now, his latest undertaking, Suffer Better, a community of ultra runners whose mission is to give back. It's a fun, freewheeling convo where Peter teaches us the ins and outs of the ultra world.
We touch on what it's like to have cold feet before a thru-hike and we get into a lewd edition of Would You Rather.
- Recorded at Wayfinder in Denver
- Greenbelly.co - use code "Trek10" to save 10%
- Sawyer Micro Squeeze
- Sawer Micro vs. Sawyer Squeeze
- Zpacks.com - use code "BACKPACKERRADIO" (all caps) to save 5% (good through 4/31)
- Four Sigmatic (our link) - use code "thetrek" to save 15%
- Chaunce is on the AT, but she isn't, but she is (but she isn't).
- Zach kicked in a window. Altra Lone Peaks are not glass proof.
- Hoka One One trail runners (started from the former Salomon employers)
- Ultimate Direction running vests
- Chaunce gets covered in poo (again)
- The life of a law student
- Suffer Better
- Second Thoughts and Pre-Hike Blues by Christy Fairlie
- Would You Rather
- 5-star iTunes Reviews
- Danny Devito
- Song: Walking Slow by Animal Years
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to email@example.com.Support us on Patreon to get bonus content.
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Michael W Hinkley, S11N, Sawyer Products, and Travis Smith
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Gregory Gardner and Peter Leven
Intro music via.
63 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 95 mins duration .