Manage episode 241468664 series 2391873
In today's episode of Backpacker Radio, presented by The Trek, we sit down to chat with, record holder, trail legend, author, and Backpacker Radio repeat offender, Heather "Anish" Anderson. We go into depth on her new book, Thirst, which chronicles her 2013 Fastest Known Time on the Pacific Crest Trail, including her lowest moments from the hike, mountain lion encounters, and dealing with extreme heat in the southern california desert. Also, per your request from our last chat, we talk gear. We have a trek propaganda featuring the impact of vloggers in thru-hiking, a brand new Cinnamon Court, and a mailbag.
Subjects discussed in the episode include:
- Use code "ATDrink15" at GossamerGear.com to save 15%
- Sawyer Picaridin Packets
- Use code "Trek10" at Greenbelly.co
- Apply to be a Vlogger / Blogger for The Trek!
- Backpacker Radio Intern Application
- Already have filled our 2019 intern role, still taking applicants for 2020!
- Thirst: 2600 Miles to Home
- Get a signed copy here!
- Anish's website
- Anish on Instagram
- Anish's diet on the PCT
- Her tips for eating gluten free on a thru-hike
- Lessons learned during her FKT
- Anish's Big 3 during her Calendar Triple
- TREK PROPAGANDA
- Cinnamon Court
- 5-star iTunes Reviews
- Intro Song: Walking Slow by Animal Years
- Check out Trail Correspondents
- Check out Stories from the Trail
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to email@example.com.Support us on Patreon to get bonus content.
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Christopher Mashburn, S11N, Sawyer Products, Todd Cartner, and Travis Smith
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Gregory Gardner, Jacob Northrup, and Peter Leven
Intro music via.