Manage episode 220565540 series 1968007
What's it like to build the most ubiquitous in the hiking community? Today we learn that answer as we're joined by Ryan Linn, more commonly known as Guthook, one of the people behind the "Guthook App", the uber-popular navigation app, especially amongst thru-hikers. He shares his background in backpacking and thru-hiking, the inspiration for the creation of the app, his coding background, and what lies in store for the future of the app. We also talk about Jennifer Pharr Davis' wonderful article on Health Insurance Options for Thru-Hikers, an illustration outlining five ways to poop in the woods, and the ranking of New Hampshire's 48 4,000 foot peaks. We close out the show with a heated Triple Crown of Thanksgiving Foods and some mailbag questions.
Subjects discussed in today's show include:
- Sawyer Micro Squeeze Filter
- Let's talk about Treks, baby! (also poo and pee)
- Chaunce stole my ice axe
- Chaunce is a segment short of finishing the CT
- Guthook's Apps
- AWOL's Guide
- Guthook or Guthooks? [VOTE]
- Health Insurance Options for Long Distance Backpackers
- APPLY to be a Trek Blogger or Vlogger
- 5 Ways to Poop in the Woods, an Illustration
- New Hampshire’s 48 4,000-Footers, Ranked
- Triple Crown of Thanksgiving Foods
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to email@example.com.
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Sawyer Products, Tama Lama Ding Dong
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Gregory Gardner, Kate Hurley, Clint "DuctTape" Sherbet, Randy Harter and Peter Leven.
63 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 95 mins duration .