Manage episode 224595897 series 1968007
In today's episode of Backpacker Radio, Chaunce sits down with famed PCT trail angels, Scout and Frodo. We get an in depth look at Scout's new book, "The Continental Divide Trail: Exploring America's Ridgeline Trail", his passion for writing, and we learn about the first person to hike the Continental Divide. We also cover the most popular tents used by 2018 Appalachian Trail thru-hikers, and get into a new segment, Forgotten Internet Holidays.
Subjects discussed in today's show include:
- Gossamer Gear Anniversary Video
- Barney Scout's website
- The Pacific Crest Trail: Exploring America's Wilderness Trail
- PCT fun fact: Three deepest lakes in the US also cross paths with the PCT - Lake Tahoe, Crater Lake , and Lake Chelan
- Interview with Scout and Frodo
- Nepal trip - Everest basecamp
- Everest basecamp route - about two weeks, most popular route
- Three passes route - includes Chola pass
- Scout's new book - The Continental Divide Trail: Exploring America's Ridgeline Trail
- The Top Tents on the Appalachian Trail
- Forgotten Internet Holidays
- Jan 4 - National Spaghetti
- Jan 8 - National Double Chin Day
- Jan 12 - National Kiss a Ginger Day
- Feb 10 - Selfie Next to a Toilet Day
- Feb 20 - National Love Your Pet Day
- March 9 - International Flirtini Day
- March 14 - Steak and BJ Day
- April 8 - Steal a Dollar from Your Friend Day
- April 14 - Cake and Cunnilingus Day
- April 20 - Lima Bean Respect Day
- June 4 - International Crossdress on Trail Day
- Sept 15 - National Let Your Dog Lick Your Open Mouth Day
- October 13 - National No Bra Day
- Nov 17 - World Danny Devito Appreciation Day
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to email@example.com.Support us on Patreon!
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Sawyer Products and Tama Lama Ding Dong.
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Gregory Gardner, Andre Oosthuizen, Randy Harter, and Peter Leven
62 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 94 mins duration .