Manage episode 227305720 series 1968007
In today's special Valentine's Day episode of Backpacker Radio, we sit down with Grizzly and Jenna, a couple due to hike the Pacific Crest Trail and Colorado Trail this year. We learn about how they plan to keep the love alive in the midst of 3,000 miles of backpacking. We also breakdown how to hike 30 miles in a day, and talk a whole lot about orgies on trail. It's a very sexy show, so grab the chocolate and the oysters, and pull up a seat.
Subjects discussed in today's show include:
- Gossamer Gear Anniversary Video
- Use code "TREK15" at GossamerGear.com to save 15%
- Sawyer Permethrin
- Sawer Micro vs. Sawyer Squeeze
- TRAIL CORRESPONDENTS!
- AT FAQ: Resupply boxes? How many and where do I send them?
- Thru-hiking = many section hikes
- Interview with Michael "Grizzly" Ivey and Jenna Duesterhoeft
- Backpacking backgrounds
- Having to push back the PCT from 2018 to 2019 due to illness
- How they’re preparing
- Concerns for their relationship?
- That time Grizzly chased a grizzly bear
- Considerations that tall hikers (6’5) that rest of us don’t have to think about
- Big 3:
- Stoveless backpacking and cold soaking method / foods
- Time constraints to accomplish both the PCT and CT in one summer
- Concerns of burning out by CT?
- Trek propaganda
- Thermarest Uberlite Review / Comparison Video
- The 4-state challenge
- Questions from Chaunce's sorority sisters
- Tent orgies
- 5 star reviews
- Jenna's SHT profile
- Jenna's Canyonlands profile
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to email@example.com.Support us on Patreon!
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Michael W Hinkley, S11N, Sawyer Products, and Travis Smith
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Gregory Gardner and Peter Leven
Intro music via.
62 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 94 mins duration .