Manage episode 231979857 series 1968007
In today's episode of Backpacker Radio, presented by The Trek, recorded at Wayfinder, Badger sits down with Weezer, a 2018 PCT hiker with one hell of a story. We talk about what it's like to thru-hike in the PCT's bubble as a sober person, an incredibly sad life event she had to endure while on trail, and how the trail has played a role in her metamorphosis to a better life. We get a new thru-hiker of the week and close out with a triple crown of PCT restaurants, joined by special guest Puma. This is an emotionally dense, yet ultimately, uplifting show.
Subjects discussed in the episode include:
- Recorded at Wayfinder in Denver
- Use code "thetrek" at us.foursigmatic.com (our link) to save 15%
- Sawyer's International Website
- Sawyer Squeeze vs. Sawyer Micro Squeeze
- Use code "BACKPACKERRADIO5" for 5% off your order at zpacks.com
- Weezer's top advice for first time thru-hikers
- Weezer's Big 3
- Fires on the Pacific Crest Trail in 2018
- Her experiences hiking the PCT sober
- Advice for people who want to thru-hike sober
- Weezer's Instagram: @stephlotus_
- Trail Angles on the Pacific Crest Trail by Laura Johnston
- How to Get to the CDT Southern Terminus by Megan McGowan
- PCT hiker who ate only McDoubles over 90 mile stretch
- Thru-Hiker of the Week: @honcebonce
- Puma's Backpacker Radio Episode
- Triple Crown of PCT Restaurants
- Cabazon Casino Buffet
- Bear Creek Cafe (now The Station Cafe)
- Stehekin Bakery
- Buffet at Timberland Lodge
- Seiad Valley Cafe
- Paradise Valley Cafe
- Sonora Cantina (Big Juan burrito challenge)
- Thai Hachapi
- Thunder Island Brewing
- Mom's Pie House
- Yaks on the 5
- Leave us a review on iTunes
- Danny Devito
- Song: Walking Slow by Animal Years
- Check out Trail Correspondents!
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to email@example.com.Support us on Patreon to get bonus content.
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Michael W Hinkley, S11N, Sawyer Products, Todd Cartner, and Travis Smith
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Gregory Gardner and Peter Leven
Intro music via.
60 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 89 mins duration .