Manage episode 234463466 series 1968007
In today's episode of Backpacker Radio, myself plus a special guest co-host are joined by Jeff "Legend" Garmire. He's back, and oh boy does he have new stories to share, including the time he had to superglue his foot shut. We chat all about his previous year, which was arguably busier than anyone in the backpacking world, including his Great Western Loop, a 7,000 mile hike, and his recent Arizona Trail FKT. We go way deep on both of these hikes, when we're not filling the airwaves with laughter. We also unveil a new hiker of the week and a brand new segment, which will also likely be retired after this episode.
Subjects discussed in the episode include:
- Use code "TREK15" at GossamerGear.com to save 15%
- Sawyer's International Website
- Sawyer Squeeze vs. Sawyer Micro Squeeze
- Use Code "trek10" at Greenbelly.co to save 10% off your order.
- Reflections on Stronghold's murder
- Weezer's back!
- Legend's first Backpacker Radio appearance
- The Great Western Loop
- Legend's Instagram account
- Legend's Arizona Trail FKT reflections
- Legend's Big 3
- The Trek Propaganda
- Top 10 Things I Didn’t Expect About Thru-Hiking by Cari Pattison
- PR 101 with Legend
- Song: Walking Slow by Animal Years
- Check out Trail Correspondents!
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to email@example.com.Support us on Patreon to get bonus content.
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Michael W Hinkley, S11N, Todd Cartner, Sawyer Products, and Travis Smith
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Gregory Gardner and Peter Leven
Intro music via.
60 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 89 mins duration .