Manage episode 265924445 series 2149125
In this episode of the Backpacking Light podcast, Andrew and Ryan discuss the gear, skills, and hacks you need to create your own backpacking meals. This giant two-hour episode is chock full of actionable tips, with input from Backpacking Light’s resident dehydration expert, Dave Swink, and Aaron Owens Mayhew, MS, RDN, CD from the Backcountry Foodie.
Just a few of the things covered:
- All the gear you’ll need to get started with at-home dehydration
- How to make good backpacking meals using only ingredients from dollar stores
- The best tricks to decrease food prep time and increase the taste and texture of your dehydration efforts
- Which foods to dehydrate and which foods to stay away from
- The difference between dehydration and freeze-drying
- ...and more!
Also in this episode:
- Van life
- A new Dyneema shelter from Tarptent
- Luxury couples backpacking gear
- What’s new at BPL
Click here for show notes: https://backpackinglight.com/podcast-28-backpacking-food
This podcast is brought to you ad-free by the subscribing members of backpackinglight.com.
Please leave us a review and rating, it helps other people find our show.