Manage episode 291424484 series 2505444
In this episode of Backyard Bounty podcast we explore the incredible world of the food soil web with Nicole and her guest Dr. Elaine Ingham.
What You’ll Learn
- How and why Dr. Elaine became fascinated with the soil food web.
- What is the Soil Food Web
- Why the Soil Food Web is vital
- How to turn dead dirt into healthy living soil
- How healthy, living soil can lower our carbon footprint and increase the quality of produce, which in turn improves human health
Dr. Ingham uncovered the Soil Food Web nearly four decades ago and has been pioneering research about Soil Food Web ever since.
Widely recognized as the world’s foremost soil biologist, she’s passionate about empowering ordinary people to bring the soils in their communities back to life.
Dr Elaine’s™ Soil Food Web Approach has been used to successfully restore the ecological functions of soils on more than five million acres of farmland all over the world. The courses offered by Dr Elaine’s™ Soil Food Web School have been designed for people with, or without, a science background – making them accessible to individuals who wish to learn and to begin a meaningful and impactful career in an area that will help to secure the survival of humans and other species.
Resources & Links Mentioned
- *Soil Food website / Facebook / Instagram / YouTube
- FREE- Click here to learn more about how the Soil Food Web works
*Denotes affiliate links
You May Also Like
Organic Garden Pest Control ft Jill McSheehy
Support The Show
Your support helps us continue to provide the best possible episodes!
- Find video episodes on YouTube
- Subscribe to the podcast email newsletter
- Submit a question or suggestion for the show
- Shop Backyard Bounty merchandise
- Join our text community (719) 292- 3207
- Get behind the scenes with Patreon
- Find us online @HeritageAcresMarket: Website / Facebook Page / Facebook Group / Instagram / TikTok / Twitter / Gab / Pinterest
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/heritageacres)