Manage episode 292786737 series 2505444
Periodical Cicadas are this week’s Backyard Bounty podcast topic as we join Nicole as she talks with Gene Kritsky
What You’ll Learn
- What are the different types of Cicada?
- What is the life cycle of a periodical cicada?
- What role cicadas play in the environment
- Where and when do cicadas emerge.
- How you can help map the 2021 emergence of the periodical cicada Brood X.
Gene Kritsky, PhD is Professor of Biology and Dean of Behavioral and Natural Sciences at Mount St. Joseph University in Cincinnati. He is a Fellow of the Entomological Society of America and the American Association for the Advancement of Science. He received his BA in Biology from Indiana University in 1974, and his MS and PhD in Entomology from the University of Illinois in 1976 and 1977 respectively.
Gene lives with his wife, the artist Jessee Smith, in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Resources & Links Mentioned
- Cicada Safari – download the free app from the Apple app store or Google play
- Cicada safari website
- Gene’s website
- *Periodical Cicadas: The Brood X Edition book
- Cicada jewelry made by Genes wife,
*Denotes affiliate links
You May Also Like
Support The Show
Your support helps us continue to provide the best possible episodes!
- Find video episodes on YouTube
- Subscribe to the podcast email newsletter
- Submit a question or suggestion for the show by calling our listener line at (719) 647-7754
- Shop Backyard Bounty merchandise
- Join our text community (719) 292- 3207
- Get behind the scenes with Patreon
- Find us online @HeritageAcresMarket: Website / Facebook Page / Facebook Group / Instagram / TikTok / Twitter / Gab / Pinterest
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/heritageacres)