Claire Mazur and Erica Cerulo on work wifing, closing their business, and the decision whether to have kids
Manage episode 252534236 series 2151613
This is hands down one of our favorite interviews yet! Erica Cerulo and Claire Mazur, founders of Of a Kind (RIP!), join us to talk about founding and running a business with your friend. We dive into how they split their roles in the business, travel styles, and hiring a management coach (AKA a business therapist). We also chat about how they’re processing the closure of their company and what’s next.
Then we turn to the subject of motherhood, and have an incredibly candid conversation about how Claire grappled with whether or not she wanted children, how Erica has defended her choice not to have children, and how they’ve supported each other and stayed close despite their disparate decisions. We wrap up with some recommendations for everything from skincare to podcasts to books.
More Claire + Erica:
- Claireanderica.com (sign up for their newsletter here!)
- A Thing or Two Podcast
- Work Wife: the Power of Female Friendship to Drive Successful Businesses
- Refinery29: Why I Don’t Want To Have Children Ever
- Yes to Cucumbers Milky Cream Cleanser
- Weleda Skin Food
- Marie Veronique Barrier Restore Serum
- Lancome Micellar Water
- Noto Botanics Resurface face scrub
- Biologique Recherche P50
- Biossance squalane and lactic acid serum
- Moon Juice Exfoliating Acid Potion
- Call Your Girlfriend Podcast
- Sexy Unique Podcast (about Vanderpump Rules)
- Jam Session Podcast (celebrity gossip)
- Everything is Fine Podcast (about being women over 40)
- Nell Zink books
- Mary Roach books
- Nothing to See Here By Kevin Wilson
- The New Better Off: Reinventing the American Dream by Courtney E. Martin
- Know My Name By Chanel Miller
- Save the Cat! by Blake Snyder
- The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver
February Book Club Book:
- Night: Go to discovernight.com and get 20% off with code BOP20 at checkout.
- Book of the Month: Go to bookofthemonth.com and sign up using code BOP10 and get any book for $10!
Join our FB group for amazing book recs & more!