Manage episode 249278699 series 2151613
Happy New Year! Today our friend Kellie Brown joins us. Kellie is the founder of And I Get Dressed, a brand consultant, blogger + Youtuber, fashion industry PR prodigy, and body positive activist (she created the #fatatfashionweek hashtag)... amongst other things! She is a long time New Yorker, who recently made the move to LA and tells us about her career journey, the evolution of her blog + Youtube channel, and working for herself. She shares her views on weight loss, the dangers of “new year, new me” mentality, confidence, the ways that people can weaponize words, and a quick cheat sheet on how to respond to fat-phobic friends and family. She also shares her “mirror trick” for self confidence. Kellie talk about what she is most proud of in her career and gives advice on how to make even the most basic (or some my say, classic!) wardrobe cooler with just a few key pieces.
- And I Get Dressed on Youtube
- Body Party Podcast (coming soon)
- Boscia Sake Hydrating and Brightening Serum
- Murad Invisiblur Sunscreen
- Necessaire Lotion
- Nars Powermatte Lipstick
- Summer Friday Jet Lag Mask
- Rent The Runway (use code RTRBECCA for $50 off your first 2 months)
- Things in Jars by Jess Kid (april release)
- Topics of Conversation by Miranda Popkey
- The Girl who Never Read Noam Chomsky by Jana Casale
- Impeachment by John Meacham
- Little Weirds by Jenny Slate
- The Tenant by Katrine Engberg
- Quiet by Susan Kane
- A Court of Thorns and Roses By Sarah J Maas
- Reputation by Sarah Shepard
January Book Club Pick:
- Night: Go to discovernight.com and get 20% off with code BOP20 at checkout.
- Book of the Month: Go to bookofthemonth.com and sign up using code BOP and get any book for $5!
Join our FB group for amazing book recs & more!