Lauren Chan on modeling, her new plus-size luxury clothing brand, and leaning into what makes you unique.
Manage episode 246568065 series 2151613
Today we are joined by Lauren Chan, the founder and CEO of Henning, a newly launched luxury plus-size clothing brand. We’re completely in love with this brand and all its thoughtful details! We’re also obsessed with Lauren, TBH. She gives us a peek into her experiences as both a plus-size model and fashion editor for Glamour Magazine. We get her insight into how the plus-size modeling landscape has changed over the years and how modeling has affected her relationship with her body. Maybe most interesting, she pulls back the curtain on all the retouching (and padding!) that goes on behind the scenes. We’re shook! We also chat about her experience starting her own business (without any outside funding!), and the lessons she’s learned along the way.
Products, places, and links mentioned:
- Check out Henning here. You can also take 15% off with code badonpaper15.
- Follow Lauren at @lcchan and Henning at @henning
- We had our celebratory pod dinner at Gramercy Tavern
- We stayed at The Statler hotel in Dallas (and loved it!)
Lauren’s Skincare Routine:
- Dermalogica Cleanser
- Drunk Elephant Vitamin C Serum
- Supergoop Sunscreen
- Dr. Bronner Face Cream
- Korres Overnight Facial
- Fresh Black Tea Eye Cream
Lauren’s Makeup Routine:
- Nars Creamy Concealer
- Benefit Goof-proof Eyebrow Pencil
- MAC Lipstick in Velvet Teddy
- Clinique Mascara
- We Came Here to Forget by Andrea Dunlop (November Book Club Pick!)
- Modern Love edited by Daniel Jones
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid
- Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J Maas
- Night Pillow: Go to discovernight.com and get 20% off with code BOP20 at checkout.
- Equilibria Women: Go to equilbriawomen.com and enter code BOP at check out for 15% off your first order (the beginner box is not included in this offer)
- LOLA: you can 30% off your first month’s subscription with code BOP30 at www.mylola.com
Join our FB group for amazing book recs & more!