Manage episode 253910371 series 2151613
Taylor Lorenz is a journalist at the New York Times covering Internet Culture. In our conversation, she maps out the jobs that led her to where she is today and how she developed her own beat. We also delve into everything going on on the internet: from influencers to trolls to TikTok. Whether you’re looking to get current (what is The Hype House?) or are an internet culture vulture with strong feelings on Caroline Calloway, we cover it all in our conversation.
More Taylor Lorenz:
Taylor’s Favorite Journalists to follow:
- Podcast Groups Aren’t Just About Podcasts
- High Schools to TikTok: We’re Catching Feelings
- Hype House and The Los Angeles TikTok Mansion Gold Rush
- What It’s Like To Be The Parent of a Social Media Star
- The Original Renegade
- Dyson Airwrap
- Amazon makeup brush cleaning mat
- Beauty Blender: Blender Cleanser
- Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick in Gossip Girl
- Tacha lip mask
- Laneige Lip Mask
- Biossance Lactic Acid Night Treatment
- Jillian Dempsy Gold beauty bar
- The Glass Hotel by Emily St. John Mandel
- You Are Not Alone by Green Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
- Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart (We are liars author)
- House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas
- Our Stop by Laura Jane Williams
February Book Club Book:
- Rent the Runway: Go to renttherunway.com and use code BOP to get $200 off your 60 day trial.
- Night: Go to discovernight.com and get 20% off with code BOP20 at checkout.
- Subscribe to: Gee Thanks Just Bought it Podcast
Join our FB group for amazing book recs & more!