This series is archived ("HTTP Redirect" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
Replaced by: Bad Voltage
When? This feed was archived on February 19, 2018 08:22 (). Last successful fetch was on February 17, 2018 04:32 ()
Why? HTTP Redirect status. The feed permanently redirected to another series.
What now? If you were subscribed to this series when it was replaced, you will now be subscribed to the replacement series. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 169926000 series 24084
Stuart Langridge, Jono Bacon, and Jeremy Garcia return with the first episode of season 2 of Bad Voltage! Featuring a vitriolic Stuart, a victorious Jeremy, a virulently ill Jono, and:
- [00:04:00] We bring our predictions for what’s going to happen in the tech world in 2017. Broken up into three parts, first comes Stuart’s attempt to be Nostradamus with regard to the web, Apple, Oracle, and Amazon
- [00:14:30] In the news this week, a girl uses her sleeping mother’s fingerprint to buy Pokemon stuff, a newscaster says Alexa command words on air and orders a zillion doll houses, Samsung unveil 8K TVs and Panasonic unveil a baby voice recognition engine at CES, and the new Bad Voltage Roku channel courtesy of Martin Wimpress
- [00:22:30] Jono predicts 2017, focusing on Google+, electric cars, phones, and VR
- [00:33:00] Jono reviews the Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury, including whether the technology inside it is actually good, what the deal is with Caddys these days, Android Auto and entertainment systems in a modern car, and whether Bacon knows anything about cars
- [00:50:00] Jeremy gives his predictions for 2017, looking at Canonical, mobile apps, and Linux market share
Also, Bad Voltage are returning to SCALE in Pasadena in March for a live show! Keep your ears open for more details, and buy your SCALE tickets now!
108 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 64 mins duration .