Manage episode 220199396 series 100119
On this episode of Baseball Outside the Box,
Today we go across the pond to our friends in Great Britain with someone who has worked in the development of multiple sports and is now with the Strength and Conditioning coach and Sports Science expert for the Senior Baseball National Team in the UK, Lloyd Williams.
We continue our discussions by reaching out around the world to baseball countries on the rise and in today’s show we discuss the evidence-based practice with anecdotal real life experience and the results across multiple sports. We will also cover how to look at combining research with reality to give coaches an educated and practical take home from the talk. Our special guest Lloyd Williams and what I love about Lloyd he brings expertise from many sports he has helped coach and develop. As we discussed many times we can learn a lot from other sports as well as the cross-training between sports.
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, National Teams Development Program
As far as baseball he has worked with GB baseball for 6 years within all their age groups, and now is with the senior national team including the World Baseball Classic squad.
Lloyd has traveled on 7 international baseball tours and worked within professional football with seniors and u18. Worked with team Great Britain sailing teams at the youth level providing Strength and Conditioning support along with fitness testing. Involved with Golfers from ages 16-18 trying to turn pro as well as adult professional golfers and supported one to get his European tour card and finally a sport close to baseball he developed two international cricketers who have gone on to play for the best university in the country.
- The psychosocial aspects of a warm-up (so looking at how a warm-up can be used to galvanize team dynamics, assist in helping team cohesion and explain it does not have to be a daily repetitive drag.
- Training the youth baseball player what we see as the most important factors
- The supportive role of trainer/S&C staff to players and coaches. How the S&C/Trainer can be a bridge between players and coaches, where players are comfortable to open up about life issues and provide reflective opportunities to coaches
- The differences in attitudes, approaches and mentalities of different levels of players we have worked with.
- Some potential constraints/barriers of S&C in Europe/UK.
- And so much more
Join us for this episode of Baseball Outside the Box!
About the Show:
Email questions or comments to the show: email@example.com
Get Baseball Outside The Box on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Podbean, and more.
Brought to you by LineupMedia.fm.
The post Great Britain Strength and Conditioning/Sports Science Expert Lloyd Williams on the show. appeared first on Baseball Outside The Box.
131 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 56 mins duration .