Manage episode 97284779 series 24026
Sean, Samma and Josh gaze into the future of the Internet with some inspiration from Mary Meeker’s awesome Internet Trends slides.
Here is what we learned from this podcast
- Mary Meeker has been reporting on Internet Trends since 2001
- Commerce has moved significantly to online from offline
- Mobile is the primary way consumers transact and engage online
- What’s the difference between first and second generation online Commerce?
- What are the relationships between products, services and platforms?
- Has the barrier to trusting online Commerce changed?
- Design for mobile first
- Don’t wait for the official report to validate what you already saw happening on the street (ref: One Up on Wall St)
- upWork is an example where you can hire or be hired as a freelancer
- Can Australia turn the export of 1’s and 0’s into a primary industry?
- Do you record video in horizontal or vertical format?
- Informalisation of communication through short messaging technology is moving beyond personal conversations to business conversations (e.g. WeChat)
- Which bloke sold his car and now only uses Uber and Public Transport
- Australia’s number one TV show is not reported by OzTAM’s ratings figures
- Want to watch 45 million gamers play it out? Get on Twitch
Some insights & links from this podcast
- Mary Meeker’s profile
- Scroll down to see every year from 2001-2015 of Mary Meeker’s Internet Trends report.
- Related episodes
- iTunes reviews – 76 listeners have left an iTunes review for the podcast – THANK YOU read them all here
- Got a question? Tweet the Blokes or @BeersBlokesBiz
Connect with these Blokes
The blokes on this podcast were:
- @seancallanan from Sports Geek and SeanCallanan.com, and Sports Geek Podcast
- @sammartino from SteveSammartino.com
- @joshrowe from realAs.com
Thanks for review
A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!
Great listening. You swim in the murky waters of start ups hoping for those small wins, so its comforting to know there’s guys willing to teach you that that they’ve been through it too. – Hail The Punisher
The beer was a Miller Chill – low carb with a twist of lime.
Join the BBB Army
Don’t forget you can get these show notes via email subscription.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments
94 episodes available. A new episode about every 27 days averaging 43 mins duration .