Manage episode 219760882 series 2177761
> Sign Up For Our Newsletter: http://www.firsthuman.com/being-human-newsletter/
A talk with leading complexity researcher Professor Chris Mowles. We explore:
- 'Complex responsive processes' and how they can help us comprehend organisations
- Why understanding deep-seated fears and anxieties are so important when working with groups
- The absurdity of the Blair's government's Head of Deliverology
- How the practice of free-flowing conversation between nurses dramatically cut patient falls in the NHS
- What annoys him about "learning take-aways"
- How Systems Thinking can be so unhelpful
- Chris' critique of Dave Snowden's Cynefin complexity framework
Chris' blog: https://complexityandmanagement.wordpress.com/
Hertforshire Business School: https://www.herts.ac.uk/study/schools-of-study/business
Complexity and IST Study (pre-print version): https://bit.ly/2PYN7VB
Being Human is brought to you by coaching and consulting practice FirstHuman. For more FirstHuman's offerings, head to firsthuman.com.
97 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 71 mins duration .