Manage episode 240694628 series 2460302
What can a family history tell us about revolutionary and early republic America?
What can the letters of a wife and mother tell us about life in the Caribbean during the Age of Revolutions?
These are questions Susan Clair Imbarrato, a Professor of English at Minnesota State University Moorhead, set out to answer as she explored an amazing trove of letters to and from a woman named Sarah Gray Cary.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/253 Sponsor Links
- Episode 110: Joshua Taylor, How Genealogists Research
- Episode 114: Karin Wulf, The History of Genealogy
- Episode 145: Rosemarie Zagarri, Mercy Otis Warren
- Episode 150: Woody Holton, Abigail Adams
- Episode 228: Eric Hinderaker, The Boston Massacre
- Episode 231: Sara Georgini, The Religious Lives of the Adams Family
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App