Manage episode 212246161 series 60397
As part of its mission, the National Park Service seeks to protect and preserve places saved by the American people so that all may experience the heritage of the United States. These places include those with historical significance.
Supervisory Park Ranger Garrett Cloer joins us to explore the Longfellow House-Washington’s Headquarters National Historic Site so we can discover more about the Siege of Boston (1775-76) and the birth of the Continental Army and the life and work of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/194
- Episode 026: Robert Middlekauff, George Washington’s Revolution
- Episode 112: Mary Beth Norton, The Tea Crisis of 1773
- Episode 129: John Bell, The Road to Concord
- Episode 130: Paul Revere’s Ride Through History
- Episode 157: The Revolution’s African American Soldiers
- Episode 158: The Revolutionaries’ Army
Helpful Show Links
- Ben Franklin's World Facebook Page
- Join the Ben Franklin's World Community
- Sign-up for the Franklin Gazette Newsletter
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App
*Books purchased through this link will help support the production of Ben Franklin's World.
244 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 59 mins duration .