Manage episode 216583811 series 60397
Hamilton the Musical hit Broadway in August 2015 and since that time people all around the world have been learning about a man named Alexander Hamilton. Or, at least they’ve been learning about the musical’s character Alexander Hamilton.
But who was Alexander Hamilton as a real person?
Joanne Freeman, a Professor of History and American Studies at Yale University, and one of the foremost experts on the life of Alexander Hamilton, joins us to explore this large question so we can discover more about the man who helped to create the United States.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/203
- Bonus: The Marquis de Lafayette and the Hermione
- Episode 094: Cassandra Good, Founding Friendships
- Episode 153: Committees and Congresses: Governments of the Revolution
- Episode 179: George Van Cleve, Governance During the Critical Period
- Episode 180: Kate Elizabeth Brown, Alexander Hamilton and the Making of American Law
- Episode 202: Early History of the United States Congress
Helpful Show Links
244 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 59 mins duration .