Manage episode 217008767 series 60397
Aaron Burr: Revolutionary War hero, talented lawyer, Vice President, and Intriguer of treason?
Between 1805 and 1807, Aaron Burr supposedly intended to commit treason by dividing the American union. How did Americans learn about and respond to this treasonous intrigue?
James Lewis Jr., a Professor of History at Kalamazoo College and author of The Burr Conspiracy: Uncovering the Story of an Early American Crisis, guides us through what we know and don’t know about about Aaron Burr’s supposed plot to divide the American union.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/204
- Omohundro Institute
- Cameron Strang, Frontiers of Science: Imperialism and Natural Knowledge in the Gulf South Borderlands, 1500-1750 (Use promo code 01BFW to save 50 percent)
- Episode 091; Gregory Dowd, Rumors, Legends, & Homes in Early America
- Episode 167: Eberhard Faber, The Early History of New Orleans
- Episode 177: Martin Bruckner, The Social Life of Maps in America
- Episode 200: Everyday Life in Early America
- Episode 202: Early History of the United States Congress
- Episode 203: Joanne Freeman, Alexander Hamilton
Helpful Show Links
- Ben Franklin's World Facebook Page
- Join the Ben Franklin's World Community
- Sign-up for the Franklin Gazette Newsletter
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App
*Books purchased through this link will help support the production of Ben Franklin's World.
249 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 59 mins duration .